Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Thanks?

Thanksgiving is this Thursday. I love Thanksgiving because it is the holiday devoted to consuming as many calories as possible in a single sitting without any consequences (it's true, you can't gain weight on Thanksgiving). But I recently learned that Thanksgiving is allegedly about giving thanks - I think Oprah or Martha Stewart said something about it. No, not Martha - she said that Thanksgiving is the holiday about making fancy napkin rings that look like pilgrims.

It kind of makes sense that Thanksgiving is about giving thanks (think about it for a moment. If you are struggling, take a closer look at the name - Thanks + Giving. Clever, huh?) Since Thanksgiving might be about giving thanks, I'm going to keep track of the things I'm thankful for this week. A Gratitude Countdown, if you will. Wendy the Cactus's Top Twenty List of Things That She Is Grateful For. This is going to be tough.

20. Selective memory.

19. Women who are uglier/fatter than me.

18. The very strong possibility that I will someday be super famous and paid to make appearances at parties and clubs.

17. The quizzes in Cosmopolitan. They offer me so much insight and are extremely accurate.

16. Scented candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment